Athletic Coordinator InternBookmark This
City of Cape Coral - Special Events
PO BOX 150027
Cape Coral, FL
Our Goal for you is to have an educational and hands of experience into the world of Athletics here at the City of Cape Coral. You will learn the roles of an Athletic Assistant and the staff behind the division, while receiving hands on training in need to know areas. This internship was created to give students a better understanding of the field they are going into. Each intern will work a 500 Hour block, plus athletic events and will be able to experience the citywide programs the Athletic Division offers. Start and end dates along with event hours and office hours are flexible depending upon the reasoning.
Start time and end time/ scheduled hours___________________________________________________________
- Fall : August- December (office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm M-F; events fall on days, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Spring : January- May (office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm M-F; events fall on days, nights, weekends and holidays)
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
City of Cape Coral – Special Events Division
ATTN: Internship Program
PO BOX 150027
Cape Coral, Florida 33915
OR Email to:
Ecroutha@capecoral.net with “Athletic Internship Program/ Your Name” in the subject line.
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for: (Some of the tasks you will be responsible for)______________________________________________________________
- collection of team rosters, accident reports, reporting scores
- turning off & on field lights
- supervision of gymnasiums
- filling in as a referee
- set up & take down of volleyball, basketball and sporting fields
- working athletic tournaments
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor(s).
- Sports/ Athletic related major
- College Student or Graduate (Non- college students or graduates may apply but must submit a letter with application/ resume explain how this internship will better your education and job experience)
- Experience in Microsoft word, excel, publisher and outlook.
- Available to work scheduled office hours along with athletic event times. (Each Intern will have (1) week of vacation time)
- Available to work in the United States.
- Strong organization and communication skills (both written and oral)