Auto Palletizer Operator & Lift Truck OperatorBookmark This
San Leandro, CA
DescriptionABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America's largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion.With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. The company's iconic brands includeKraft, CapriSun, JELL-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters and Velveeta.Kraft's 22,500 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard Poor's 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices. For more information, visit www.kraftfoodsgroup.com and www.facebook.com/kraft. Scope of Job: The Auto Palletizer Operator/Lift Truck Operator is responsible for all functions requiring Material Handling Equipment and Auto Palletizers to include but not limited to: loading and unloading of all inbound and outbound vehicles containing finished goods, raw materials, supplies and/or ingredients. To stow these as directed mechanically or verbally. To move in house orders as directed mechanically or verbally. To pick outbound or in house orders as directed mechanically or verbally and placeas directed. Additionally, to use auxiliary equipment like the stretch wrapping machine and mechanical dock levelers, etc. This is to be accomplished in a safe manner that protects other personnel, equipment, product and other assets of the company. To report or correct any usage or unsanitary acts or conditions while observing all safety and sanitary conditions as outlined in the Employee Handbook and training courses. To record all product moves in the MATRICS System either manually or with RF scanning equipment. Job Responsibilities:Production:
- Directly responsible for moving and recording pallets as directed by the MATRICS System verifying the validity of the move. Pallet movement includes but is not limited to: cooler/dry to truck, cooler/dry to pick area, case pick area, pick staging area, storage racks.
- Load vehicles safely while adhering to sanitary procedures and as directed by MATRICS, verifying that the loading is done with correct weight dispersion.
- To unload vehicles safely and adhering to sanitary procedures and stowing product, material, supplies or ingredients as directed by MATRICS.
- Pick pallets as directed by MATRICS verifying proper weight dispersal on pallet.
- Perform other duties as directed by the floor lead or supervisor.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner and report or correct any unsafe acts or conditions observed.
- Segregate and recoup damage or move it to the appropriate area as per MATRICS and record all moves in MATRICS.
- Responsible for completion of Daily Operator Checklist of all equipment used during the shift.
- Responsible for reporting any and all malfunctions, noises, etc. to floor lead or supervisor for inspection and/or repair.
- Record all products moves in the MATRICS System either manually or with RF scanning equipment.
- Record accurately and in timely manner the receipt of all pallets shipped to the distribution center.
- Load pallets from floor storage to all empty palletizer magazines
- Process production receipt transaction in MATRICS and report any issues or problems to supervisor
- Effectively interact with multiple HMIs
- Comfortable using telephone, personal computer, two-way radio, label printers, and scan gun
- Must be able to record palletizer downtime
- Check fork trucks for safety defects.
- Must be able to perform minor mechanical adjustments, such as changing the battery and adjusting the forks.
- Must be able to troubleshoot errors and problem solve issues on automated equipment
- Replace all damaged cases on loads.
- Responsible for knowing the bays and UPC Codes.
- Must be able to count and record data on different pallet layouts
- Responsible for sanitation of palletizer area
- Ensure all sanitation procedures are followed and report or correct issues immediately.
- Required to perform job duties efficiently and safely.
- Personal appearance and cleanliness in accordance with Good Manufacturing Processes.
- Must be alert at all times and possess the ability to think and act quickly.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for 10 hours.
- RF Equipment.
- Fork lift, pallet stretch wrapping unit and mechanical docks.
- MATRICS terminal (CV61)
- Moderate As noise levels are below 90 decibels, no hearing protection is required. Dry storage is maintained as 75 degrees F. The office is maintained at a comfortable level.
- This individual must be trained and licensed to operate fork lift and other material handling equipment safely. In addition, they must be able to operate MATRICS accurately. They must be able to learn to operate multiple automated palletizers, wrappers, tier sheet inserters, pallet conveyor system, and pallet stackers. They must be able to perform the proper lock-out tag-out procedures.