Automotive Teacher AssociateBookmark This
The MENTOR Network
DescriptionAutomotive Teacher Associate-120003GP Job Training Education Services Primary Location United States-MD-MDBaltimore Organization Cambridge
Founded in 1990, MENTOR Maryland is a leading home and community-based human services provider supporting children and adolescents with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as emotional, behavioral and medically-complex challenges. Through a range of individualized programs, including Therapeutic and Medically-Complex Foster Care programs, MENTOR Maryland helps youth of all ages build positive relationships that provide the foundation for development, growth and change.
MENTOR Maryland is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join MENTOR Maryland and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country
New Visions Academy of Baltimore is seeking an Automotive Teacher Associate to assist with classroom instruction and coordination of lessons that correlate with students Individual Education Program, and maintain a high quality learning environment which meets the needs of emotionally handicapped children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
• Instructs students in a teacher’s absence, using the Behavior Management techniques to promote a smooth functioning classroom.
• Utilizes various teaching techniques when working with students on a one-on-one basis. Monitors student’s learning behavior progress.
• Instructs students when a teacher is involved in a team meeting or parent conference.
• Keeps on-going records of all students receiving one-on-one instruction and assists teachers and students in record keeping.
• Assists teachers on educational field trips.
• Participates as a member of the treatment team.
• Attends all staff meetings, and training opportunities provided by the agency.
• Uses behavior management system effectively with all students and works effectively with teachers to resolve conflict situations.
• Supports the teachers in the growth of student academic work.
• Provides for “On-Call” coverage on a rotating basis.
• Performs other related duties and activities as required.
• High School Diploma or GED and one year related experience.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
Applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
EOE/AAEJob PostingUnposting Date