IT Asset AnalystBookmark This
DescriptionCategory : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 15075
Embrace your inner Leonardo DiCaprio (think less Titanic and more Inception) as an IT Asset Analyst, and figure out our client's strategy rather than the gadgetry.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the IT Asset Manager and executing the tactical operations of ITAM. You will lead mini projects to ensure that the asset data within the TAM tools is up-to-date and reflects current deployed and stock levels of IT assets.
Think you've got the star power?
Five Things Wikipedia Won't Tell You About This Role
It will go better if: You just give us the intel aka your stacked resume.
Keep walking if: If you think "code red" is just another Mountain Dew flavor and not a critical intelligence scenario.
Potential Hazard: Hazard? Weren't we clear in that opening paragraph? You're the one developing our strategy so we don't have hazards.
Motivational song to live by: "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell. Learn it, love it and sing it in the shower.
Business casual at this office means: Pardon our blatant stereotyping of you "IT types" but if the Chuck's fit, rock them in neon purple. We're kidding, take a trip to the GAP and you'll be good to go.
Legal Said We Had to Throw in Some Bullets to Call This a Job Posting
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Offers the day-to-day operational perspective when formulating the go forward ITAM strategy for managing the lifecycle of Global Payments hardware and software assets.
- Provides day-to-day governance over the BTS ITAM processes and functions while also ensuring that all BTS teams provide asset attribute updates; identify, prioritize, and manage the resolution of any operational errors with the tools or data for ITAM.
- Develops policies, processes and procedures for ITAM and train Global Payments Groups on how to properly update ITAM systems to reflect the current inventory and adhere to formally established ITAM and SACM standards.
- Develops and deploys: hardware inventory process to include sparing and maintenance strategies; software inventory process (both PC as well as server based); software license tracking and IP compliance review process (both PC as well as server based).
- Reviews and tracks all hardware and software maintenance contracts.
- Assesses maintenance and network events (e.g. mean time to failure) data for the purpose of identifying chronic issues with the sparing process. Develops methods and procedures to allow standard and efficient Return Material Authorization (RMA) for equipment.
- Optimizes process for equipment acquisition and retirement, to include tracking of depreciation, maintenance levels, and secure destruction/removal of sensitive data
- Continually reports on Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) to measure compliance with ITAM policies and procedures and manage the monthly ITAM operations activity schedule and makes adjustments or add activities as necessary to ensure data accuracy and support strategic initiatives/projects.
- Participates in and/or leads various projects involving the ITSM toolset as needed. Actively participates in all compliance related efforts, assessments and audits as needed.
- Follows all documented processes such as Incident and Change Management. Ensures that all processes and policies regarding the storage room, inventory of equipment, RMAs, ASNs, shipping equipment and release of the equipment is followed at all times. Makes recommendations for improvements with supporting documentation such as Risk and Benefits analysis.
- Accountable for the development of easy-to-read, well-designed manuals, policy documents, procedures and supportive material that further the efforts of Services Management.
- Accountable for developing a training program or providing knowledge transfer for other personnel.
- Supports others who work with the ITSM tools by providing expertise and assistance as needed. Cross trains the Monitoring Tools Manager or others for backup support.
Skills & Requirements
- BS degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of industry experience, experience in contracts and procurement desired.
- ITIL Certification desired; ITIL Practitioner in Configuration Management, Experience in a Change Management role or experience in either asset management, accounting, or inventory management preferred.
- Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Software Asset Manager - CSAM
- Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional - CHAMP
- Certified IT Asset Manager - CITAM
Tags: IT Asset Analyst, Leonardo DiCaprio, operations, ITAM, information technology, Code Red (not Mountain Dew), ITIL v2 v3 Foundations
EOE - M/F/V/D