Corp Bankng Credit Analyst I - Stamford, CTBookmark This
Citizens Financial Group
A senior credit analyst supports a specified group of Portfolio Managers by preparing analysis of commercial borrowers, including spreading financial statements and is able to do so for both straightforward and moderately complex credits.
A senior credit analyst completes written summaries of industry issues, industry research and write-ups, and may prepare relationship data for existing commercial customers or prospects.
A senior credit analyst will support activities associated with credit file maintenance, compliance and annual review activities for a variety of credits contained in one or more portfolios.
A senior credit analyst can independently perform analysis and modeling functions and can prepare the CPS from beginning to end for straightforward loans (generally a type of credit which does not issue public financials, is not highly-levered, does not include an asset securitization, nor rely on Enterprise Value)
Commercial Account Management
- Audits credit files to ensure that all necessary documents are present and up to date.
- Prepares and submits internal reporting/compliance documents and reporting for assigned portfolio.
- Completes written summaries of industry issues and information.
- Assists with processing loan modifications, tracks and collects financial reporting, covenant compliance, collateral requirements.
- Confirms the accuracy of risk ratings and changes as warranted.
- Is able to develop solutions and alternative to modifications, including financial covenant structuring.
- May engage with existing customers after conferring with RM or PM on a specific financial analysis or account management issue.
- Able to field basic internal questions from Credit independently.
- Identifies opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to existing customers.
- Works diligently in support of assigned credits to present information in an organize manner. Assists with managing the existing portfolio of straight forward to moderately complex credits/customers through verification and analysis of financial and collateral information.
- Is able to independently complete the CPS, terms and conditions and appendices, cash flow coverage, collateral coverage worksheets, spreads, risk rating and profitability models for assigned credits for straightforward loans straightforward loans (generally a type of credit which does not issue public financials, is not highly-levered, does not include an asset securitization, nor rely on Enterprise Value).
- Prepares relationship data on commercial customers/prospects and accurately identifies total bank exposure.
- May support a particular group of PMs in support of the activities noted above for straight forward to moderately complex credits.
- Exhibits ability to interpret financial statements and draw conclusions based on the analysis completed and can summarize findings to PM or RM.
- Displays ability to answer financial analysis or modeling questions for other credit analysts.
- Bachelor Degree Preferred in Business administration, finance, accounting and/or economics
- 1-3 years of commercial banking experience which may include business banking, middle market, and/or specialty commercial banking, commercial banking administration, commercial banking operations, commercial credit/risk oversight, and commercial loan documentation/funding/servicing.
- Position requires basic internet search skills, developed knowledge of financial statement spreading and profitability modeling, effective verbal and written communications skills, ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Word, Excel, Power Point, and adaptability to using in-house systems.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any othercategory protected by federal, state and/or local laws.