Barista/Coffee Service Team Member Part Time, Nights, Weekends, Flexible Schedule (66398)Bookmark This
Whole Foods Market
Performs all duties related to all Specialty sub department preparation: counter service, back stock, sanitation and stocking of all Specialty products. Team members may also work in the coffee bar with additional barista duties. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient customer service.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times
- Ensure freshness standards are being upheld in whole bean, packaged, and brewed coffee.
- Make all coffee drinks ordered and juice bar drinks (where applicable).
- Conduct plunger pot sampling and hand sell coffees.
- Provide on-going equipment care and maintenance, per manual specifications.
- Stock and clean Coffee bins and shelves.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Sweep floors and maintain product throughout the department.
- Order all Coffee products.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Process product invoices and returns.
- Control shrink, and monitor inventory turns movement.
- Participate in monthly inventory.
- Comply with all applicable health and safety codes.
- Log guests special orders.
- Build displays and request appropriate signage.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of Coffee production and taste.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be outgoing, and have excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position
- Proper use of box cutter and other opening devices.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store, including nights and weekends as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.