Bilingual Communications AssistantBookmark This
North American Old Catholic Church
700 Constitution Ave NE, #1622
DescriptionThe Bilingual Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting the Vicar for Communication in converting our printed and online communications materials into Spanish, as well as developing new outreach materials targeting the Latino community.
This position requires a candidate who is Bilingual (English/Spanish), self-motivated, deadline-driven and outgoing, and who possesses strong writing capabilities. Position is non-paid and is set for roughly 24 hours a week.
Responsibilities- Review current church media and publications, and translate copy into Spanish for publication;
- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar;
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback;
- Assist local ministries and congregations with preparing publications for local use;
Requirements- Successful candidate must be Bilingual (English and Spanish,) with preference given to applicants whose primary language is Spanish.
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, research, and interpersonal relations;
- Knowledge of interest in progressive spirituality, progressive Christianity, US politics, and current events and issues facing society a plus.