Biz program assistantBookmark This
RSVP of Montgomery County
925 Harvest Drive, Suite 100
Blue Bell, PA
DescriptionThe VEC (Volunteer Executive Consultant) program of RSVP of Montgomery County is a 30+ year old program whose ONLY purpose is to utilize retired and semi retired volunteers to assist small nonprofits in the Delaware Valley with managerial and technical issues. The volunteers have a wide range of work and life experiences which benefit the nonprofits in many aspects. Our volunteers meet in teams of two or three with the agencies they assist and report to the program coordinator. Record keeping is key to managing each project in a timely fashion.
The intern would work with the program coordinator on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30am till 4p and learn about how nonprofits operate in these challenging times. The intern would also sit in on meetings and learn more about the program and some of the agencies we assist. Confidentiality would be expected!
Responsibilities1. Making phone calls to nonprofits, then entering results in appropriate database.
2. Sending routine emails to volunteers concerning monthly meetings, forwarding of important documents, requests for information.
3. Assisting administrator with arrangements for seminars and workshops.
4. Copying, collating and assembling printed materials for meetings, seminars and in-services.
5. Responding to electronic communications from nonprofits when appropriate.
6. Entering information into databases.
7. Attending various agency and program meetings.