Brand Ambassador InternBookmark This
Seven Bar Foundation
261 Madison Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionAs a fund-to-fund, the Seven Bar Foundation utilizes the power of the fashion industry and cause marketing campaigns to fuel its microfinance initiative and top couture lingerie events to generate brand awareness. The funds generated by the shows and co-branded products are then allocated to carefully chosen Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) of a decided beneficiary country, and distributed to women entrepreneurs and small business owners as microfinance loans. By tapping into a niche market and harnessing its power, the Seven Bar Foundation empowers women worldwide, breaking the cycle of poverty for the next generation.
We are currently looking for interns for the fall of 2013. This internship is unpaid but accreditation for undergraduate or graduate studies is available. Hours and times are flexible, but at least a 15-20 hour commitment is preferable. To apply, please email your resume and a short statement of interest to email@example.com.
1) Brand Building and Communications - work with several digital strategies and learn how to effectively communicate, develop and, implement the brand’s image and message via social media and digital platforms. Build overall brand awareness for a dynamic innerwear brand.
2) Event Preparation - Help with preparing for various upcoming marketing and sales events. Learn inner workings of fashion tradeshows, and event execution.
3) Research - complete various research projects on the fashion and lingerie industry, cause-marketing, and luxury brands. Report to Founder and VP on findings, compile and suggest practical actions based upon research.
4) Special Project - To be determined. Intern will take on a special project to plan, direct and execute over the summer. Past projects have ranged from event planning, research presentations, and building brand strategy toolkits.
Intern will experience a first hand account of how to develop a nonprofit with a unique voice, while gaining practical insight into the fields of: marketing, brand building, production, customer service, and all other aspects of running a business.
Intern should leave internship with a solid understanding of digital and marketing strategy, with ability to implement strategy in another setting. Intern will also learn more about the fashion industry inner workings through firsthand accounts of events, trade shows, and daily operations, specifically within the lingerie/activewear industry. Intern will also have the opportunity to take on a personal project and will be able to focus on a special area of interest to them, in which they will learn specifics of planning and executing a special project.
RequirementsIf you are looking for an internship where you are surrounded by fierce, fashionable women looking to create a significant impact, this could be the opportunity for you. This position is open to undergraduate and graduate students in the New York City area and recent graduates. Focus of studies should pertain to business development, marketing, communications, and/or other fields related to fashion and philanthropy.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Is a change-maker
• Is interested in empowering women!
• Is goal-oriented and can multitask
• Is able to attend some events after-hours
• Has an upbeat attitude
• Can prioritize, organize, and execute various tasks