Bread Team Member (89062)Bookmark This
Whole Foods Market
Performs duties related to the daily production of bread. Responsible for rounding, dividing, proofing, baking, and overall quality of bread. Communicate daily production needs and information with other Bread Team Members. Keep accurate mix times and temp logs.
- Follow recipes in order to prepare bread products.
- Be very accurate in mixing, rounding, dividing, shaping, proofing, and baking to ensure consistency in daily production.
- Accurate in proofing, bake times, and oven temps to ensure consistency in daily production. Know that baking conditions can change daily and be able to react accordingly.
- Maintain quality and production standards.
- Follow production schedule.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Work with PLUs and UPC codes.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Some Specialty experience and experience in all aspects of Bread production preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent math skills (ability to do on the fly math)
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to taste and evaluate all products to judge quality.
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving, take initiative and be responsible.
- Ability to learn proper use of baler (must be 18 years of age or older) and all other equipment used during food preparation and cleanup.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others as part of a team.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 3.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 08/07/2014