Business Analyst (Clinical)Bookmark This
Philips North America
DescriptionBusiness Analyst – Connect Care Solutions Patient Monitoring Systems
As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips is focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovations across three interconnected sectors: Healthcare, Lighting and Consumer Lifestyle. Philips opened its first U.S. office in 1933, and today, the United States is the company's largest single market in the world, with more than 22,000 employees and operations at 50 major facilities in 22 states. At Philips, we believe that in order to make something for a person, you first have to be one. That’s why, we empower our employees to build personally meaningful careers by encouraging them to take the experiences and interests that motivate them in their daily lives and apply them professionally.
Philips is looking for a Clinical Business Analyst to strengthen its Connected Care Solutions Patient Monitoring Systems product development team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for working with all stakeholders to gather, analyze, communicate, and validate product requirements in a dynamic and high impact environment to help provide software that is ultimately responsible for saving lives and improving patient outcomes.
The Clinical Business Analyst is responsible for development of software requirements for our Patient Monitoring Systems solutions.
· Interacting effectively with clinical and technical end-users to understand and document the international business processes and workflows
· Eliciting and identifying user needs and system requirements. This includes leading focus groups, advisory panels, and customer site visits to gather requirements.
· Facilitating teams of healthcare and technical professionals to define and document project scope and detailed functional requirements
· Defining the user experience as part of the detailed functional requirements, including working with usability and human factors experts
· Working across the development team to design and develop prototypes and elicit early feedback from users via usability studies
· Supporting project management in the planning, estimating, scheduling, and executing of project plans and associated artifacts
· Providing support, from a requirements perspective, to the project team through all stages of the project life cycle including development, testing, documentation, training and implementation
· Acting as a liaison between the subject matter experts and the technical team
We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a Clinical/IT Business Analyst! You will be working in the Connected Care Solutions organization within Philips Healthcare in Andover, MA. Connected Care Solutions (CCS) is a Business Innovation Unit within Philips Healthcare that specializes in developing clinical informatics and patient care solutions that simplify clinician workflow, improve financial outcomes, and help improve and save lives. Our products and services deliver world class informatics solutions to the worldwide healthcare community.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a healthcare/IT, or related field (e.g. Informatics, Medicine, Biomedical, Nursing, Pharmacy, etc)
· Minimum three years’ experience in business analysis and writing functional requirements
• Excellent communication skills and facilitation ability
· Knowledge of latest trends and issues in healthcare informatics
· Formal education in healthcare informatics, information systems, nursing informatics, or computer science is highly desirable
· Proven self-starter with demonstrated track record of managing multiple, concurrent, complex tasks
· Skilled in using personal productivity software tools (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Project, etc)
· Experience with requirements management tools highly desirable (e.g. Team Foundation Server, DOORS, MKS, etc)
· Experience in developing use cases and UML models a plus
· Experience working with a regulated medical device a plus
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer