Business AnalystBookmark This
Software Guidance & Assistance
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Business Analyst for a contract assignment with one of our premier financial clients in Columbus, OH.
This opening is for a Business Analyst position that will work on an IT technical team supporting the Output Systems Card Services tower. The position will work with the LOB to establish business requirements for new functions or modifications to current functions within the application workflow. The position will work in collaboration with other Technical and Business Analyst(s) on the development team to document, build, test and implement the new or changed functionality using standard project life cycle methodologies.
- The position will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and documenting business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop functional documents to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to the IT team, develop use cases that document the business requirement and contribute to a business perspective during design reviews.
- The position will be responsible for creating detailed test plans and creating relevant test script scenarios using the Quality Center tool.
- This position will also participate and support the implementation of the new or changed functionality which typically occurs during non-standard work hours.
- The BA is expected to be fully independent in managing larger, complex projects; is expected to drive meetings, requirements, and strategic direction. The BA is expected to coordinate project resources and task assignments for medium to large size projects.
- The position requires little or no supervision or assistance.
- The position will be responsible for providing on-call production support.
- Production support activities will include but not be limited to: working with offshore and onshore teams to resolve production issues and tickets.
- Job responsibilities will at times require working non-standard hours and working over 40 hours per week.
- The position will be responsible for other duties as assigned by the management team.
- College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis.
- Ability to understand and create data necessary to test requirements
- Knowledge of the project development life cycle including knowledge of the project estimation process
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include experience in writing functional specifications
- Ability to communicate to various staff levels, including senior management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- MICR experience a plus
- Document composition, creation/processing experience is a plus
- EzTrieve experience a plus
- Experience using Quality Center for setting up and tracking test scripts is a plus
- 3-6 years of business analysis experience required; experience in an IT environment a plus
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and Consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit in addition to transferring H1B Visa sponsorship. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com.