Business AnalystBookmark This
1825 Swift Ave.
North Kansas City, MO
The Business Analyst assists with maintaining and enhancing the functionality of the store Point of Sale (POS) system. This includes working with other systems that support the functionality of the POS such as web order fulfillment, credit and debit transactions, bank interfaces, and system interfaces . The incumbent should learn to understand and balance the needs of the departments, the connectivity of business systems and processes, and the viability of technical solutions, while always keeping the customer experience in mind.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Work with team to determine priorities for store systems modifications to ensure modifications with the greatest business impact are completed.
- A ssist team in collaborating with stakeholders to gather requirements information for store systems functionality modifications, research potential solutions and recommend a compromise that best meets the needs of the company.
- Work on modifications and enhancements to ensure they are completed on time and within established guidelines. This includes writing specifications for small to medium modifications, creating test scripts and plans, testing modifications, c oordinating and scheduling updates, communicating changes and resolving issues.
- Create training documentation for piloting new releases. Work with training department to proofread training and operational procedures materials to enable associates to use functionality of store systems.
- Provide first and second level assistance for store system issues. Provide back-up and on-call coverage for Help Desk as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or related field plus at least two years experience supporting, testing, troubleshooting or utilizing a major Point of Sale (POS) system in a large retailer environment required. Helzberg office/store POS systems experience combined with a college degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education would be ideal background.
- Strong analytical and communication skills along with the ability to multi-task is required.
- Experience in testing, writing technical instructions, and supporting system rollouts is strongly desired.
- Proficiency supporting and utilizing retail systems and an understanding of multi-unit retailing preferred.
- Basic MS Office, DOS and SQL skills preferred.