Business Analyst II JobBookmark This
DescriptionBusiness Analyst II-INF000517
Responsible for working with Business and IT stakeholders to analyze business needs and produce requirements specifications for new projects. Provide functional expertise, high level business process reengineering, technical overviews and insight where appropriate. Produce specifications for any new / change to technology applications. Work with the development team to ensure that they understand the business and functional specifications. May work with training team to document system scenarios and identify roles impacted and help develop a change management / training plan. Actively participate in SQA preparation for and execution of user acceptance testing (UAT). Serve as a liaison between technology providers and business end-users.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Assists in providing functional feasibility assessment to the business partners related to emerging initiatives.
- Provides high-level business process and technical overviews and insight where appropriate.
- Maintains continuity between business team and IS organization throughout complete system development life cycle.
- Serves as primary contact between technology and business end-users in understanding the specific business requirements, criticality and prioritization of business capability.
- Identifies, assesses, and documents business requirements, recommending business priorities and advising business on options, risks and costs versus benefits of various solutions.
- Conducts research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Helps analyze impact of proposed solution on existing technology platforms.
- May provide input to buy vs. build decision based on input received from the business and other functions within technology.
- Provides input to the development of formal business cases, when applicable.
- Participates in the development of use cases to explain / demonstrate business requirements / specifications to the technology team.
- Contributes to business and/or process perspective during design reviews.
- May participate in system test preparation and execution of user acceptance testing (UAT) and may help create test cases.
- Reviews output of the testing team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans and test scripts to ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed and that testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Facilitates implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation.
- Provides relevant test scenarios for the testing team; works with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensures the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Provides input into project / resource estimating activities.
- Identifies and communicates risks to delivering solution on time.
- Participate in and support cross technology process improvement initiatives
- Establish strong working relationships with technology team members, functional counterparts, vendors and related business partners.
- Participate in the development of solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate in and support cross technology process improvement initiatives.
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon project milestones.
- Proactively promote consistent project-based performance measurement and skill development of junior staff.
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes.
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues.
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills.
- 3-5 years experience in a Business Analysis Requirement Gathering role required
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI, SOX, and CPNI requirements/rules is helpful.
- Understanding of disaster recovery / business continuity and architecture processes.
- Understanding of data security, infrastructure, network components.
- Web experience helpful in this role
- Knowledge of Requirement Analysis and Documentation is required
- Knowledge of Use Cases preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to foster relationships inside and outside of work groups.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-BENSENVILLE_IL