Business Analyst with Data Analysis -- Insurance or Financial ServicesBookmark This
Software Guidance & Assistance
DescriptionSoftware Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Business Analyst --Insurance or Financial Services Experience for a right to hire assignment with one of our premier insurance clients in Hoboken, NJ.
The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding business needs, facilitating business requirements, documenting business requirements into Business Requirements Document (BRD) , developing current and future state process diagrams and developing prototypes to facilitate/validate business requirements and documenting use-cases, wireframes and functional specification required to support business requirements for application development. In addition, the Business Analyst will participate in QA testing (if required) and UAT testing as well.
- Translate business strategies and objectives into business requirements; provide traceability of business requirements to IT Solutions and ensure system
- testing encompasses existing capabilities of solution as well as future function point requirements.
- Identify, verify and document functional requirements using requirements management methodology and tools. In addition clearly identify data
- elements and provide data mappings/dictionaries where required.
- Analyze, design/redesign, and document as is and to be business processes.
- Conduct/facilitate final acceptance tests for solutions with the user community. This will include the development of UAT test scenarios and test scripts
- as required.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate training materials; supplement materials when necessary.
- Ensure that development community has a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
- Responsible for conducting and analyzing feasibility studies/impact assessments regarding implementation of IT solutions against current state
- parameters (process, application use-cases, non-functional impact, etc.).
- Data Analytics experience mandatory
- 5+ years experience of analyzing business problems and designing successful solutions
- Strong Business Process Analysis and documentation skills
- Insurance or Financial Service experience required
- Process improvement or reengineering experience a big plus
- Ability to elicit and document business requirements
- Can effectively participate/lead requirements gathering and review sessions comprised of both IT and business representatives.
- Ability to articulate Business Requirements to both on shore and off shore development teams.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts, and design to business users
- Experience of the complete SDLC
- Ability to build strong working relationships, with IT and business managers
- Strong track record in working
- Strong (clear and concise) communication skills
- Fluency in written & spoken English
- Good interpersonal skills adequate for dealing and communicating clearly with people from all levels of the organization, and with external customers
- and suppliers
- Excellent oral and written skills adequate for documenting complex business requirements clearly and unambiguously
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure to support demanding deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to work as a self-starter
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and Consulting opportunities. For Consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit in addition to transferring H1B Visa sponsorship. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com.