Business Analyst Operations Risk ControlBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionA client of ours, a top-tier Investment Bank, is looking for a Business Analyst Operations Risk Control to be based in New York, NY.
The responsibilities of theBusiness Analyst Operations Risk Controlwill include:
- Analyze counterparty credit risk arising from transactions with Mexican clients and recommend risk-mitigating features.
- Universe of transactions covers different asset classes (derivatives, trade finance, and corporate finance) across different counterparty types (corporate, banks, brokers, and funds).
- Conduct independent fundamental analysis on counterparties, including financial statement analysis, preparing financial forecasts, etc.
- Interface directly with front office staff across different business divisions
- Prepare Credit Reports and recommend transactions for approval to the relevant credit authority holder.
- Daily monitoring of exposure and credit facilities.
- Preparing local regulatory reporting as required by Mexican banking and securities regulators, coordination with local support and back office functions.
- Prepare all internal required reports for the portfolio under coverage.
- Active involvement in internal and external (regulatory) Audit reviews.
- 5 plus years of relevant credit experience in Latin America, preferably covering Mexican counterparties.
- Solid understanding of key products in capital markets (swaps, forwards, options, collateralized structures, bridge loans) and trade finance products, with emphasis on product risks.
- Familiarity with legal documentation (ISDA, GMRA, standard loan agreements).
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to deal professionally and independently with front office staff.
At Sharp Decisions, we specialize in recruiting IT and business professionals currently working in the front, middle, and back offices of high-profile asset managers, hedge funds, investment banks, and private wealth managers.
We recruit all asset classes: commodities, derivatives, equities, fixed-income, foreign exchange, and loans.
Sharp Decisions recently launched our V.E.T.S.™ Program, training and returning veterans to the workforce, while providing companies with enthusiastic and proficient workers. The Vocations Education Training for Service members Program expands upon the expertise of these capable veterans, creating career paths for success. We encourage veterans to join our V.E.T.S.™ Team and harness these unique skills to bring more jobs to former service members and America.
Our 22-year reputation of success is built upon knowledge, integrity, and trust, and our recruiting team works tirelessly to match candidates with clients to insure a perfect fit. We offer contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time positions with top-tier and Fortune 500 companies, as well as all levels of government. If you have the passion and knowledge to bring to an expanding, dynamic global team, Sharp Decisions has opportunities for you.
Sharp Decisions is a Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about our company and to see our other career opportunities, visit www.sharpdecisions.com.