Business Engagement Analyst - SNEI - SMBookmark This
San Mateo, CA
DescriptionTitle: Business Engagement Analyst - SNEI - SM
Location: CA-San Mateo
Job Number: 27097
Sony Corporation of America, based in New York, NY, is the U.S. subsidiary of Sony Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Sony is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications, and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Its motion picture, television, computer entertainment, music and online businesses make Sony one of the most comprehensive entertainment and technology companies in the world.Sony Network Entertainment (SNE) is a division of the Networked Products and Services Group. Sony Network Entertainment was created to drive vision, strategy and execution for network services across the entire Sony Group, with a goal of offering consumers compelling, connected entertainment experiences across a variety of consumer electronics devices.
This position is located close to BI customers (Americas Operations, Marketing, and SNE Executives) and will entail extensive relationship management. The BI Engagement Analyst role serves as the liaison between the business units and the development teams and will be expected to gather, understand, and document business requirements as well as provide expertise in obtaining, interpreting, and presenting data to the business units.
* Manage relationships with BI customers to understand context for their reporting and analysis needs
* Interview end-users to determine requirements for data, reports, and analyses
* Work with production data to validate business requirements
* Analyze and document business information requirements
* Recommend appropriate scope of requirements and priorities
* Perform meaningful data analysis with existing reporting tools and basic database queries
* Work with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications
* Help identify and assess potential data sources
* Validate that BI meets requirements and service levels
* Coordinate prototype reviews and feedback
* Educate users on reporting and data warehouse capabilities
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
5 years of experience as a Business Analyst (Gaming, Marketing, eCommerce strongly preferred)
Strong SQL skills are a plus
Proficiency in MicroStrategy (or similar reporting tools) preferred
Ability to balance solid strategic thinking and flawless execution in an extremely fast-paced environment
Excellent organization and project management skills, solid written and oral communication skills
Proactive, quick learner, willing to take ownership of assignments and see through to successful completion
Motivated, career-oriented, team player who is organized, professional and friendly
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SNEI.