Business Intelligence Report AnalystBookmark This
DescriptionJDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) innovates and markets diverse technologies that enhance the way people experience the world every day. We enable fast, high-quality communications, secure financial transactions, reliable consumer electronics, differentiated brands, and a host of other solutions. We provide these solutions through three business segments: Network and Service Enablement, Communications and Commercial Optical Products, and Optical Security and Performance Products. To learn more about JDSU please visit www.jdsu.com, www.jdsu.tv, and follow JDSU on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jdsu. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Join JDSU as a Business Intelligence Report Analyst with our IT organization. In addition to developing BRIO, OBIEE and Tableau reports and dashboards you will also be able to partner with business clients such as Finance, Sales, Supply Chain Operations, and HR. As a BI Analyst you will also be able to collaborate with the BI Architect and ETL team members in designing robust and scalable BI semantic layer to enable self-service report and dashboard development.
• Develop a strong understanding of business processes for functions such as Finance, Sales, Supply Chain Operations, PLM, and HR in order to be able to better support their Business Intelligence needs
• Analyze Information and reporting business requirements, explore and evaluate various options, develop prototype using reporting and dashboard tools upfront in the project life cycle thereby validating the requirements, eliminating ambiguity and providing early visibility to business on the final solution.
• Translate the requirements to functional specifications document, develop and own requirements traceability matrix.
• Participate in design of Data warehouse data model and provide input and feedback from Business Objects Universe and reports perspective
• Work closely with BI Architect in designing and developing all layers of OBIEE RPD, reports and dashboards and implement both content and row level security
• Develop complex RPDs, folders, objects, and Hierarchies for Multidimensional Analysis of underlying datasets
• Conduct User Acceptance testing, train super users and power users on usage of the tool and the solution and gather user sign off
• Work with applications operations team in architecting and implementing failover, high availability for OBIEE and Tableau application
• Act as resident OBIEE and Tableau expert
• Develop and own usage metrics for all BI tools
• Automate user access provisioning for OBIEE, Tableau and BRIO tools
• Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions, work with business stakeholders to ensure the solution is adopted and fully leveraged for decision making
• Use structured and disciplined approaches to solving technical problems.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7 years working in IT with a thorough understanding of SDLC methodology
• 5-7 years’ experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
• 5-7 years of experience in OBIEE analyst role with strong hands on experience in developing complex OBIEE repository, reports, dashboards and administration
• 1-2 years of experience in Tableau implementing complex dashboards as well as tool administration
• 1-2 years of experience developing BRIO reports
• Good understanding of relational databases with hands on experience in SQL and PL/SQL programming
• Solid understanding of Data Warehouse methodology, dimensional modeling including Ralph Kimball’s methodology
• Prior experience of implementing reporting solution in one or multiple areas such as Sales/Supply Chain Operations/Finance/Marketing/HR/Services
• Experience participating in JAD/RAD/AGILE /Waterfall scrum sessions
• Proficient in documenting use cases, requirements and functional specifications a
• Ability to quickly translate requirements to prototype and get business buy- in
• Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, MS Project, Excel and Visio and other tools that facilitate the requirements gathering and design phases of the SDLC.
• Passionate about solving business problems, Innovative, creative and an outside-the-box mindset.
• Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated with strong leadership and presence
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Build credibility and trust with team members and business clients
• Excellent oral, written communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.