Business Operations InternBookmark This
Distant Village Packaging
Distant Village Packaging is an exciting and rapidly growing international company specializing in the custom hand-made packaging for specialty businesses. Distant Village Packaging focuses on eco-friendly and sustainable development and is a passionate contributor toward the betterment of the local communities and people we work with.
We are actively seeking the right candidate to join our team as part-time (minimum two days a week) Operations Intern at our office and showroom in Chicago. This position is un-paid. You will work in a fast paced, independent environment where results are highly rewarded. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager and will assist with international order management and follow through, logistic management and analysis and local inventory control. This position will also work to source new eco-friendly materials and will perform regular office duties.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment in which you will be challenged, valued, and encouraged to grow with our company.
To the qualified applicant we offer:
- Fun work environment
- Hands-on sustainable business experience!!
- High energy and passionate about sustainability
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Resourceful and Efficient
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- QuickBooks a plus
- Internet Communication Tools (email, SKYPE, Chat)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fun personality and desire to grow with our business!!!
For immediate consideration please send resume to email@example.com, with subject Operations Intern.
- International Order Management
- International Logistics Management
- Inventory Control
- Eco-friendly Material Sourcing
- Organizing and maintaining filing system
- Administrative support to Operations Manager
- Office Management, Bookkeeping, A/P and A/R processing in QuickBooks