Business Systems Analyst 1Bookmark This
Fresenius Medical Care
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Assists senior Business Systems Analysts in ensuring the successful day to day operation of business critical applications for Spectra East users.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Under supervision perform testing on software received from both billing and lab vendors. Prepare workable test plans with controlled test data. Prepare procedures, related documentation and provide training to ensure proper communication to users for implementation. Ensure operations documentation is complete for the execution of developed programs in a production environment.
- Acquire basic knowledge and understanding of each application in order to provide support for users and perform thorough testing. Respond to basic inquiries regarding application functionality.
- Ensure data integrity by reviewing job listings, exception reports and error files. Research and resolve basic data issues.
- Assist senior staff with daily issues that arise requiring immediate attention.
- Gain basic understanding of computer operations.
- May participate in on-call rotation, which involves 24 hour 7 days per week coverage.
- Provide special reports as assigned.
For Billing Team:
- Ensure integrity of established interfaces between the LIS and Billing/AR systems.
- Assist with month-end procedures for client statements that include printing samples for user review. Obtaining user approval and coordinating printing and fiching with Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring receipt and accuracy of all fiche which includes daily, monthly, quarterly, year end and purge fiche requirements.
For Lab Team:
- Participate in the planning and testing of changes, upgrades and enhancements to all Lab operational systems.
- Assist in the development of interfaces between the LIS and laboratory instrumentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
College level study preferred. Certification of technical competency in related/key areas may be substituted.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
1-3 years supporting a business critical application and interaction with users. Some exposure to a healthcare environment is helpful.
The following skills are required.
Good technical aptitude and interpersonal skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to work on multiple tasks at the same time with changing priorities. SQL, Oracle a plus.