Business Systems AnalystBookmark This
New York, NY
The Business Systems Analyst works with internal and external clients and the development and testing teams to ensure that requests for the development/enhancement of internally developed software applications/systems meet the needs/expectations of the business users.
The Business Systems Analyst is the liaison between the software users and the software developers. They convey the demands of the software users to the developers. The individual will elicit and document business, functional, non-functional and transition requirements and business rules.
The Business Systems Analyst may work individually or in conjunction with other Business Systems Analyst 's, Sr. Business Systems Analyst 's or Lead Analysts on projects of varying size and scope.Responsibilities:
- Elicit and document rules and requirements for software/systems development projects.
- Produce appropriate diagrams to support the requirements elicitation process.
- Facilitate requirement review sessions with business and technical stakeholders to ensure common understanding of documented requirements.
- Participate in reviews of peer requirements documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Background in eliciting and documenting software/system requirements.
- Experience interacting with business, development, and testing resources.
- Experience in meeting facilitation, interviewing and other techniques related to the elicitation of requirements.
- Experience completing multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in any IT related field.
- CCBA Certification.
- Basic skill or facility in estimating work effort and planning and managing schedules.
- Process modeling.
- Exposure to a broad range of project types, including new development, enhancements, COTS implementations.
- Experience in the healthcare domain.
- Six Sigma training or experience.