Business Systems Analyst IIBookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
DescriptionDescription Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company. The Business Systems Analyst uses business and technical knowledge to participate in the re-engineering of business operations to improve business results. They will evaluate business requirements and models data and/or system requirements. The Business Systems Analyst will also analyze and document business problems of moderate complexity. They will develop test plans and tests, approve new system behaviors and coordinate upgrades and rollouts of moderate scope. Please Note: This position is eligible to be hired at a Grade 11 Business Systems Analyst I or a Grade 13 Business Systems Analyst II depending on experience.Responsibilities:
- Under moderate supervision, evaluates business requirements; performs process analysis of customer activities to determine alternative business solutions or process improvement opportunities. Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation of business requirements.
- Analyzes and documents business problems of moderate complexity and provides recommendations based on research of industry trends, business products, competitors and performance analysis for optimal business solutions.
- Develops test plans and tests and approves new system behaviors to ensure alignment with business objectives and test plans.
- Coordinates upgrades and rollouts of moderate scope including specific duties related to training and monitoring performance.
- Contributes to the development of project plans; assigns and monitors tasks. Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Depicts moderately complex to complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; contributes to education within SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and within business units on the impact of change.
- Creates and implements business operation standards and procedures. Assists in the development of methods and tools to track and measure results.
- Consults on moderately complex business issues.
- Works with other departments to coordinate interdepartmental activities in order to ensure that Liberty meets customer expectations. Assists in problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies.
- Assists in the preparation of user documents and training materials. May provide technical training and user support to business groups. Assists in the development of communication plans and related activities.
- Assist in communications with customers both internal and external, e.g. vendors, business partners and Information Technology.