Business Systems Analyst LeadBookmark This
DescriptionIT Business Analyst Lead
IT Business Analyst Lead
We are looking for a technical, highly-motivated, extremely organized driver to lead a team of IT Business Analyst resources in the successful design, development and integration of a multi-channel application. The BA Lead should be creative, resourceful, experienced in Agile, and have lead and manage other BAs on multiple system integrations projects, both internally in the company as well as externally with multiple vendors.
** The ideal candidate may have started off as a developer, business/systems analyst and progressed into a BA leadership role. This is not a requirement but is preferred if applicable.
5-10 + years' hands-on experience as a Business Analyst, BA Lead or similar role
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
The IT Business Analysis Lead is responsible the daily management and mentoring of the CAP BA Team. The role will work close with stakeholders, product management and the delivery teams to elicit, analyze, define, validate and communicate requirements for changes to business processes, workflow and systems. Other responsible including:
- Managing business requirement activities including, but not limited to, collaboration with clients, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Serve as a liaison between the lines of business and the project team by assisting the business in identifying, understanding, and documenting their business needs. Assist the project manager in setting realistic delivery, scope and project expectations.
- Translate the business needs into system requirements, communicating with the business on a non-technical level, and with the Architects and Delivery Teams on a more technical level.
- Participate in process analysis, improvement and the change management processes. Help support and triage production support issues, as needed
- Support the Product and Project Managers to assuring the business needs are accurately documented, business rules defined, and any assumptions or limitations documented.
- Participate in development of artifacts (such as Use Case Models, Use Cases/Stories), and ensure a smooth hand-off to clients and the Delivery Teams.
- Utilize tools for problem solving, statistical analysis and root cause analysis to understand, make recommendations, and solve problems.
- Identify and communicate project issues that would have a substantial impact on the project.
- Ensures BA teams and team members are following best practice framework including all processes, procedures, and templates used in department or organization
- Identify and improve any processes or procedures that are outdated or obsolete; Create a culture of continuous improvement, change and world class delivery
- Ensures programs and projects are meeting timelines and deliverables
- Resolves issues, roadblocks and changes, and escalates to the PCM, when appropriate
- Drives successful integrations with internal and external teams, including vendors
- Develops program roadmap with PCM
- Experience with offshore and near shore development teams
What would a normal day for this position look like??
- Varies day to day
- Lead and/or participate in design sessions and requirement review
- Define, review and validate BA artifacts (stories, requirements) for completeness
- Daily management of BA Team resources, work efforts and review deliverables
- Report status of work efforts and point of contact for multiple escalations
- Production or delivery team issues; Support and triage issues as they come in
- One-stop for any product issues/questions; Serve a SME on product workflow and data model.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
5 or more years of IT systems experience in application delivery and management.
10 or more years of hands-on business, systems and process/workflow analyst experience
5 or more years of experience in leading a BA Team -- leadership role with direct reports and people management responsibilities
Must have extensive data analysis/mapping experience; Experience with "Back-end" data processing and batch systems, and multi-system integration
Excellent meeting facilitation skills - CRITICAL
Self-sufficient/self-starter - CRITICAL
Works well with little direction/takes initiative - CRITICAL
Willingness to work in a BBY store for up to 2 weeks, if needed
Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends, as needed
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2 or more years of experience working in an Agile environment/team
Deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle and structured software development methodologies
Fast and efficient, but thorough and methodical
Superior time management skills
Produces high-quality work, thinking through all scenarios and ensuring complete coverage of requirements
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task, work on several projects simultaneously
Experience writing requirements for large system integration projects
Experience working with Offshore development team
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
The following would be helpful :
Some sort of product tracking tool experience- version 1
LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
1. Candidate must have a strong personality, be able to take initiative, ask questions and make constant improvements and suggestions
2. Must be able to voice opinion and take charge when needed
4. Produces high-quality work
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Extremely organized and detail oriented, and can setup projects in a logical organizational manner and define just enough process for the teams to be successful.
7. Comfortable with ambiguity and logically solves problems, but escalates as needed
8. Drives teams to completion and consistently hits deadlines
9. Strong presentation and customer service skills
Will there be testing required for this role? If so, what test would you like administered who would you like to administer?
PM Test - Business Scenario (1 hour test with 30 minute assessment directly after)
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates:
Manager is Open - Would Prefer Retail
Prescreening Questions (if applicable):
Please tell me how many years of experience you have as BA and managing other BAs?
Describe your experience working in an Agile environment or team?
Interview Process Overview (Please include the date the manager would like to start interviewing):
Interview to follow testing.