Buying InternshipBookmark This
42 West 39th St, 9th Floor
Bluefly.com, a leading online retailer of designer apparel and accessories, invites you to take the first steps toward a rewarding career and to be part of an energetic and innovative eCommerce organization where you will develop the skills you'll need to succeed. At Bluefly you will be immersed in on-the-job training, working alongside devoted and experienced professionals, and discovering what it's like to make an impact. This is an unpaid internship. This internship can be credit bearing or simply for career development.
The Buying intern will work closely with the buying team in a vibrant environment that fuses the dynamic worlds of fashion, technology and the Internet. The Intern will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility based on their previous knowledge and ability to learn on the job.
Educational Experience Gained
• A general understanding of Buying – specifically for the e-commerce industry
• Gain exposure to the marketplace by participating in vendor appointments and communicating with vendors
• Learn to use the systems that are critical for buying
• Team building, professional communication and how to work in a fast paced environment
• Assist in purchase order entry and create and maintain weekly selling reports
• Frequently communicate with vendors concerning purchase orders, deliveries and any anticipated issues
• Correspond with Operations, Production and Marketing departments
• Offer buying and site suggestions when appropriate
Our Ideal Candidate
• Currently pursuing a degree in the Retail or Fashion industry
• Exceptional computer skills - strong working knowledge of Excel
• Ability to work efficiently and prioritize multiple tasks
• Responsible self-starter, innovative thinker, detail oriented
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, growing environment
We pride ourselves on being a fun, diverse, passionate, and energetic team of individuals! Each day, we encourage each other to think creatively and share those ideas in order to continue to evolve as the awesome online retailer that we are. Oh, and there’s free food and discounts on our product too!
You may apply via our facebook page by following this link. Please "like us" then apply to the specified job:
You may also apply directly on our website: