CAN TV INTERNSHIPSBookmark This
322 S. Green Street Suite 100
DescriptionChicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is looking for Interns.
CAN TV provides training, equipment, facilities, and channel time to Chicago nonprofit organizations and residents. Its five local, noncommercial, cable channels 19, 21, 27, 36, and 42, help viewers find jobs, locate HIV/AIDS and domestic violence counseling, access art and educational resources, volunteer for nonprofits, interact with local public officials, and experience a diversity of viewpoints. CAN TV is an award-winning, highly successful, independent nonprofit which is recognized nationally as one of the finest access centers in the country.
We currently have internships available in the following areas; Nonprofit Services, Production Services, Community Partners. Our internship experiences will provide applicants with the opportunity to interact with nonprofits from throughout the City while assisting individuals in the use of CAN TV’s services. Active involvement in a hands on environment will lead to valuable customer service experience and facilitation skills.
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Good computer and organizational skills
- Must be available weekdays some evening required with a commitment of 16-20 hours per week
- 2 years of college preferred
- 3-6 month commitment preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
Additional Qualifications for Production Services & Community Partners Intern
- Video production experience
- Non-linear editing experience, Premiere Pro a plus
- Heavy lifting
- Availability on Tuesday and Thursdays a must – Community Partners Intern
(Please indicate which internship you are applying for)
Submit cover letter and resumes to:
322 S. Green Street
Chicago, IL 60607-3502
Fax: (312) 738-2519
(No telephone calls, please)
These are unpaid positions. Additional descriptions and duties can be found on our website at www.cantv.org CAN TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer