CARDIO SURGICAL PA 2Bookmark This
3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Falls Church, VA
DescriptionInova is currently seeking a Physician Assistant for the Cardiac Surgery program
at Inova Heart and Vascular Institute.
This is a PA-driven service with no resident program.
Our PAs are involved in all aspects of the ICU and SDU patient management. Specific services include conduit harvesting and surgical first-assisting, thoracenteses, chest tube placement, SwanGanz catheters, central venous lines, and arterial lines. We performed approximately 1200 cardiac cases this past year including CABGs, Valves, combined CABG/Valves, Maze procedures, major thoracic vascular surgery (both open and endoscopic), Ventricular Assist Devices, ECMO, Heart and Lung transplants, and occasionally minor vascular surgical procedures. There is in-house weekend and night call, with compensated time-off. PAs work on the average of 3-4 days/week.
General description of position
* Performs high-quality clinical practices and effective patient management, under physician supervision, in accordance with state regulations, including primary and secondary specialty care in clinical and/or surgical practice settings.
* Demonstrates technical expertise by assisting physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
* Patient care duties may include education and research.
* Prescribes medications in accordance with state guidelines.
* Demonstrates teamwork by communicating effectively and working cooperatively with all members of the health care team.
* Displays respect for and appreciation for the contribution from all team members in order to foster positive working relationships.
* Participates in Quality/Best Practice initiatives by utilizing standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery in order to continuously improve patient care and enhance outcomes.Requirements Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in the perioperative management of cardiac surgery patient population.
* Minimum 2 years of cardiac surgical experience including endovein harvesting (EVH) and surgical first-assisting.
* NCCPA Board Certified. Maintains necessary CME requirements as outlined by the NCCP