CEO Chamber InternBookmark This
Chandler Chamber of Commerce
25 S. Arizona Place Suite 201
DescriptionThe Chandler Chamber of Commerce offers an internship program that supports two main goals:
1) To provide a well-rounded organizational experience for interns in the respective specialized areas
2) To help retain talent in the region by engaging interns in the process of enhancing the local business climate and maintaining a high quality of life in the community
Semesters needed: Fall, spring, summer (ongoing)
Hours: A minimum of 15-20 hours per week required. Scheduling is flexible. Chamber office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may additional opportunities to assist with special weekend and evening events.
Credit/Compensation: College credit toward major, minor or general elective may be available through your local community college or university. These are unpaid positions.
Desired skills and academic qualifications:
• Motivated, forward-thinking individual who loves facing challenges and learning new skills
• Interest in gaining experience in such areas as business communication, meeting planning, marketing, public relations, program development, project management, research, etc.
• Excellent communication skills, including phone skills
• Ability to handle research assignments, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
• Familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
ResponsibilitiesAs an intern for the Chief Executive Officer, you will be part of the administrative team and assist Chamber staff in providing networking events, education programs, and communications for members and the community. Your projects will include communications, research, assisting with the Board of Directors, Chamber committees, affiliated community organizations and events. You will have an opportunity to be mentored by the President and CEO of a regional Chamber of Commerce.
RequirementsCollege students currently enrolled in an Arizona university or college undergraduate program at the junior or senior level, or a graduate program.
Qualifying students must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; be a self starter; and have strong organizational and time management skills.