CIB Investment Banking FIG Insurance 2012 Associate New YorkBookmark This
383 Madison Avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionWith one of the broadest client franchises in the world, J.P. Morgan offers a full platform that enables the firm to develop some of the most complete and innovative financial solutions in the industry. The Firm has global leadership positions in all of its key products - capital raising, mergers and acquisitions advisory, restructuring, risk management and research. J.P. Morgan's Investment Banking FIG Insurance Coverage Group provides a full range of investment banking services to various clients based in the U.S. Its clients include many of the world's leading firms in their respective industries. The Group's primary focus is on delivering creative solutions to clients for mergers and acquisitions and equity and debt capital raising. THE POSITION The Associate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. S/he will leverage upon past investment banking or related experience to enhance the Firm's MA execution and capital raising capabilities and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. He/She will have strong function skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations.
- Have a working knowledge of the relevant industry sectors and the Firm's product and service offerings. This person will be expected to develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and will work along side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions.
- Play a leadership role in implementing the execution function including working with analysts and associates, as well as, assisting more senior bankers.
- Play an important role in the development of the firm, the FIG Insurance group and their capabilities.
- Participate in building the business over the long term by developing individual expertise in an appropriate industry and contributing to enhancing the J.P. Morgan franchise.