CIB Oversight & Controls Office - Business Aligned Control Officer - AssociateBookmark This
383 Madison Avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionJ.P.Morgan's Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. The Business Aligned Control Officer works in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, participating in key initiatives with a direct impact on the control environment in the LOB they support. The role entails:
- Facilitating the execution of the end to end control environment including control programs such as Control Self Assessment, SOX, Risk Event Reporting, and BCC's. In this role the individual is expected to:
- Analyze changes to the control environment and challenge function owners to substantiate Control Self Assessment ratings.
- Conduct root cause analyze on errors to identify patterns and potential control weaknesses.
- Identify themes, trends and lessons learned
- Analyze the effectiveness of testing programs and assessments
- Acting as the subject matter experts of the Control Framework within assigned LOB's.
- Leading and participating in control agenda projects such as deep dives, changes to existing control process and new control policy implementation.
- Partnering with Control Officer colleagues to ensure consistency of the end to end control environment across the CIB.
- Assisting and leading information requests and reviews from PWC, Internal Audit and Regulators.
- Interaction with multiple line functions, including: Front Office Business Executives, Product and Financial Control, Business Management, Market Risk, Legal, Compliance, Technology and Operations.