CPMC-Rehabilitation Associate-Nursing*2 NorthBookmark This
California Pacific Medical Center
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionServing more than 200,000 patients annually, California Pacific Medical Center (located in beautiful San Francisco) provides a wide variety of services including: acute hospital care, a full range of post-acute care, home care and hospice services, outpatient medical care, and preventive, complementary, and educational services. The Medical Center also provides professional education and basic biomedical, clinical and behavioral research. Today, with its 1,254 licensed acute care beds and 25 residential beds, California Pacific Medical Center is one of the largest private, non-profit academic medical centers in California.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Performs duties to support professional staff in delivery of patient care and treatment for rehab patients. Incorporates neuroplasticity principles into the rehabilitation unit milieu by: increasing the frequency of practice of new techniques and reinforcing skills through repetition outside of therapy sessions.
- Must have an AA or AS in a health sciences program
- OR significant progress toward completion of undergraduate prerequisites for entry to professional degree program in nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech -language pathology: biology, chemistry, basic anatomy, physiology, basic medical terminology, and psychology
- OR equivalent education in foreign health science program
- Preferred: Pre RN, Pre PT, Pre OT, Pre Speech-Language Pathology program candidate
- Demonstrates competence with using basic medical terminology for verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates basic competence in application of knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Maintains current Heartsaver Course completion. (BLS)
- Must have cognitive, interpersonal, and physical skills to perform high quality patient care with patients of any weight or age and with multiple diagnoses