Cardiac Sonographer-Part TimeBookmark This
23900 Katy Fwy
DescriptionServing the Katy area for more than 30 years, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital is known for providing world-class clinical expertise, patient-centered care and leading-edge technology close to home. Nationally recognized for patient safety and quality, Memorial Hermann Katy features a 142-bed facility and a medical staff with disciplines spanning 38 specialties.
We seek a Registered Cardiac Sonographer with 5+ years hospital experience for a Part Time Ultrasound Tech II position within Memorial Hermann Katy. This individual will have pediatric training and would prefer pediatric registered. Must be flexible to also perform stress tests, EKG's and Holter placement and scanning. Also be available cover call weekly at least once a month.
1. Graduate of an approved School of Cardiac Sonography Technology.
2. Registered in Ultrasound by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI as RCIS or RCS) or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS as RDCS).
3. Minimum of 1 year experience.
4. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
1. Prepares patients for echocardiogram, explains procedure and ensures technical quality.
2. Demonstrates ability to perform ultrasound examinations in other complex modalities.
3. Reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to the Supervisor/Manager.
4. Participates in Performance Improvement activities established by the department.
5. Takes emergency call within the department.
6. Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
7. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
8. Other duties as assigned.