Caregiver InternshipBookmark This
A-1 Home Healthcare
212 S Vincentia Avenue
A1 Home Healthcare
Our internship program is open to people who are seriously interested in pursuing careers in social services and mental health.
- Location: Corona California.
- Facility Functions: Housing and attendance for the mentally ill.
- Client base: Comprised of public pay, private pay, and veterans.
- Size: 36 beds
Support provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Lodging and educational materials will be provided to all interns. This includes a bedroom, bed linens, shared kitchen and bathroom, living area, local phone service and all utilities.
Term of Appointment:
From the date of acceptance, internship will be a 6 weeks probationary period. At the end of six weeks intern will be evaluated for possible employment.
1) Send your name and information, as well a resume and any certification you might have, to email@example.com
2) If you are considered to be a possible candidate, for the internship position, you will be contacted back for a second interview. This interview will be done over skype.
3) If you pass the second intervi
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be immersed in daily activities, and responsibilities, which include but not limited to:
Interacting with Clients:
- Supervising physical activities
- Playing cards, board games, pool, foosball and other interactions with clients in the activities room.
- Creating enrichment
- Accompanying clients on doctor visits
Other Job duties:
- Cleaning client rooms (when needed)
- Teaching clients to clean up after themselves
- Regulating clients daily routine
- Preparing diets
- Washing dishes and laundry
- Answering office phone
- Answering emergency calls
- Waking clients up (morning shift)
- Making sure clients are in bedrooms after curfew (nightshift)
- Performing all other task delegated by management and otherwise maintaining the facility.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Prior experience is not required, but any prior experience or education should be mentioned and will be taken into consideration. Interns should be dedicated, work well both with others and individually, be a self-starter, have a good work ethic, good communication skills, and a healthy attitude. Because this program is labor intensive, applicants should also be in good physical condition. Documentation of current TB test, tetanus shot, Hepatitis B series, and health insurance coverage are required. A Live Scan is also necessary to work on our facility, if you have not had a Live Scan prior to the application/interview process arrangements can be made, at the time of acceptance, into the internship program.