DescriptionGuckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dieticians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
With new growth in the area, we have incredible employment opportunities for:
Reports to:Chef Manager, Food Service Manager or General Manager
Greet guests, making them feel welcome. Operate cash register taking payment from customers. Maintain the front house keeping service areas clean and stocked with product.
- 1 year experience handling cash and operating a cash register.
- 1 year providing excellent one on one customer service.
- Ability to communicate with customers in English.
- Operate Cash Register accurately.
- Recognize menu items and accurately charge customers for purchases.
- Smile, greet, and serve customers making them feel welcome.
- Prepare and stock service areas for hot or cold beverages, such as coffee and teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils or equipment.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend and preparation descriptions.
- Display prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti and bagels.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
- Set up or restock beverage and product displays.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Accurately record sales on a cash register and make change for customers within a 1% margin of error.
- Merchandising skills.
- Catering or food preparation skills.
Reporting to this position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Must be able to use a cash register or computer key board for up to 2 hours continuously.
- Must be able to load and push a cart a short distance.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment