Catalog Intern - Summer 2014Bookmark This
Santa Clara, CA
DescriptionCatalog Intern - Summer 2014 Internships | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Chegg is seeking a Catalog Intern to join our content team for the summer. This is a great opportunity for a student who loves information systems and the design of data structures to participate in a rebuild of Chegg’s catalog information system. We’re looking for a detail-oriented person that is filled with creative ideas, excited about books and college life, and can bring their skills and experience into the Chegg content team!
- Help to build data structures that enable Chegg to help students save time, save money and get smarter. This means using our data to help students find the resources they need to succeed in college while saving money doing it.
- Work with international vendors to collect and refine metadata.
- Research and identify new areas of opportunity for Chegg and present your recommendations.
- Pursuing a BA, BS, MS or MLS in Information Science, Library Science, or a related field
- Working knowledge of book metadata standards, particularly ONIX 2.1 and 3.0
- Familiarity with current trends and developments in cataloging and emerging technologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and is a quick learner
- Comfort with database querying and particularly working in MySQL
- Knowledge of national standards such as RDA, FRBR, MARC21 and LC Classification
- Extra credit for familiarity with ePub or other eBook formats
<< Back to Current Openings jvwidget.writebutton('', '[\'ojciYfwv\']', '', 'qgb9Vfwf', false); Send Jobvite