Catering ProductionBookmark This
DescriptionGuckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dietitians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
With new growth in the area, we have incredible employment opportunities for:
Catering Production + Server
Mon - Fri / Days with flexibility of hours from time to time
Reports to:Food Service Manager, General Manager, Catering Supervisor
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Produce catered foods that are visually appealing and good tasting to Guckenheimer standards Prepare, attractively arrange, and deliver catered meals and other foodstuffs as required.
- 2 years providing excellent one on one customer service.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be able to communicate in English with customers.
- 3 years food preparation experience.
- Maintain HACCP program requirements
- Prepare hot and cold foods per customer orders as required.
- Season and prepare food according to recipes and experience.
- Use ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Substitute for or assist other pantry employees during emergencies or rush periods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and produce, meats and vegetables to utilized for cold food production.
- Present food attractively on platters.
- Deliver completed catered orders in a timely manner
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Must comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills, and broilers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Must have knowledge of standard catering presentation techniques.
- Job requires skills to organize scheduled work to insure on time deliveries.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen.
- Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods.
- Current ServSafe certification
- Entrée and hot food preparation skills
- Valid drivers license and driving experience
Reporting to this position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Job requires delivery of hot and cold food to on campus sites using carts and vans.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment