Central Lab TraineeBookmark This
281 Sanders Creek Parkway
East Syracuse, NY
Here's your chance to learn how to fabricate high quality dentures. With an increased market demand for removable oral prosthetics we have multiple entry-level opportunities in our state-of-the-art denture lab in East Syracuse. Our need for Denture Laboratory Technician Trainees is increasing due to our expansion throughout the country as we grow our company to over 200 retail branded locations. Successful candidates will have strong mechanical abilities, excellent manual dexterity and an eye for detail. Our trainees may work in our Denture Department and/or the Flexible Partials Department.Responsibilities:
- Block-out and design of master model using dental wax and carvers.
- Duplication of master model using hydrocolloid materials and equipment as well as dental stone.
- Apply dental wax to form design specifications.
- Create mould of waxed dentures or partial dentures in a processing flask using stone and plaster.
- Cleaning moulds using hot water sprayers.
- Mixing acrylics, injecting into re-assembled moulds using pressure injectors and placing into hot water curing units.
- Heating and injecting thermoplastic materials using ovens and pressure injectors.
- Removing cured acrylic dentures or thermoplastic partial dentures from stone/plaster moulds and shell blasting remaining debris.
- Sculpting (finishing) and Polishing acrylic or thermoplastic material to a natural tissue like appearance using bench lathes, handheld grinders and assorted burs and rubber wheels.
- Experience with the full fabrication of complete and partial dentures is helpful but not necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Solid work history with proven ability to maintain long-term employment.