Certified Home Health Aide - Hospice, West OrangeBookmark This
West Orange, NJ
DescriptionFor over 20 years, Barnabas Health Hopsice has been devoted to providing a special kind of care to patients with advanced illness and their families. We are dedicated to offering comfort and support for patients in their final stage along the journey of life. Our program of care includes the latest in symptom and pain management to enhance quality of life. A team of skilled professionals, including RNs, physicians, medical social workers, chaplains, volunteers and the personal care assistance of certified home health aides, care for patients at home or in a nursing home facility. Services include adult and pediatric hospice; pain and symptom management; cardiac special care program; infusion therapy; palliative care; chaplaincy; volunteer training and services; bereavement support for the first 13 months after the loss of a loved one; and memorial services
The Homemaker/Home Health Aide, as a representative of Barnabas Health Hospice, provides personal care and other duties inclusive of related housekeeping services for patients in their place of residence under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.?????????
- Appropriately identifies the patient per Agency policy.
- Provides personal care services including but not limited to: bathing, skin care, back care, foot care, hair care, shaving, oral hygiene, nail care, and assistance with dressing and toileting as instructed by the RN.
- Assists patient in and out of bed, assist with ambulation.
- Assists patient with prescribed active Range of Motion exercises which the patient and home health aide have been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
- Assists patient with use of special equipment such as walkers, braces, crutches, wheelchairs, Hoyer lift, etc. after thorough demonstration by the RN or physical therapist, with return demonstration until professional person is satisfied that client can use the equipment safely.
- Demonstrates safe and correct technique, meeting specific skills, equipment competency.
- Maintains good body mechanics.
- Plans and prepares nutritious food, special diets, help with meals and shops when indicated.
- Assists with self-administered prescription medications.
- Home Health Aide can remind patients to take their own medication. This includes bringing the medication to them but DOES NOT include determining quantity of medication OR DIRECTLY GIVING the dosage to the patient.
- Notifies the RN of patient change in condition or needs.
- Adheres to applicable policies/procedures.
- Accompanies the patient to the physicians office or medical facility when necessary.
- Maintains and demonstrates Standard Precautions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, security, safety through his/her conduct and follows MCHCS policies and procedures accordingly.
- Is well groomed, wearing uniform and name tag.
- Reports to and is ready to work at the scheduled time.
- Submits completed activity sheets on a weekly basis to the agency on all patients.
- Attends required in-service education.
- Performs necessary household services as identified.
- Light household/housekeeping activities
- Current certification by the New Jersey Board of Nursing (NJBON) as a Homemaker/Home Health Aide (H/HHA) or evidence of the Aides name on the NJBON H/HHA Eligibility list if the Aide has recently completed the H/HHA training course.
- Demonstrated ability to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Exhibits an honest and caring attitude.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Must have a valid NJ drivers license, a reliable automobile, and automobile insurance.