Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) Full TimeBookmark This
The MENTOR Network
Las Vegas, NV
DescriptionCertified Nurses Assistant (CNA) Full Time-1200020I Job Clinical Primary Location United States-NV-NVLas Vegas Organization Care Meridian
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual’s unique needs at every stage of recovery.
CareMeridian is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.Description
As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with CareMeridian you’ll be one of those special people designated to care for our patients.
For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network, CNAs are critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
CareMeridian is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to perform hands-on nursing care with emphasis on daily care needs, personal hygiene, and behavior under supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform resident care according to CareMeridian’s Policies and Procedures and regulatory guidelines.
2. Observe and report changes in the resident’s condition to the Charge Nurse.
3. Complete the CNA section of the daily nurses notes within required timeframes.
4. Initiate emergency procedures, if needed.
5. Prepare resident’s room for admission, obtaining equipment and supplies as needed.
6. Prepare resident for discharge. Remove equipment from room for terminal cleaning.
7. Follow CareMeridian’s Safety Policy and Procedure at all times, including those for fire and disaster.
• Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents to supervisor.
8. Use equipment correctly and safely.
9. Be responsible, when needed, for resident activity programs, including off‐site outings.
10. Participates in CareMeridian’s Performance Improvement Program.
11. Attend and participate in scheduled meetings, training/CEU program.
12. Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.Qualifications
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Completion of a CNA certificate program.
• One year CNA experience desired.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
• Current CNA certification issued by this state
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers
• Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with all staff, residents, and their families
and/or authorized representative.
• Able to add, subtract and multiply.
• Able to problem solve, plan and organize within scope of the position.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• May be required to transport resident using the company vehicle.
• Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
EOE/AAEJob PostingUnposting Date