Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA)Bookmark This
The MENTOR Network
DescriptionCertified Nurses Assistant (CNA)-130003NC Job Clinical Primary Location United States-IL-ILPalatine Organization NeuroRestorative
NeuroRestorative Illinois offers a continuum of Community-based programs for adults with brain injuries and other neurological challenges. Located just outside of Chicago, NeuroRestorative Illinois provides a quiet neighborhood setting with convenient access to area physicians, recreational activities and shopping.Description
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support adults with brain injury. As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with NeuroRestorative you’ll be one of those special people.
For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network, CNAs are critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
NeuroRestorative is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to perform hands-on nursing care with emphasis on daily care needs, personal hygiene, and behavior under supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the health and medical condition of individuals served, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Administers proper medications according to physician’s orders and established guidelines. Provides documentation for all medications given.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration.
- Performs, coordinates and/or assists with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Provides transportation for individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintains current progress notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with MENTOR policy, program standards or other regulatory requirements.
- Actively attends and participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attends trainings and other meetings as required.
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- High school diploma or GED and one year experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant, preferably with developmentally disabled individuals in a hospital, residential, clinical and/or long-term care setting
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant
- CPR/First Aid certifications
- Current Valid Illinois Drivers License
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass fingerprinting and background checks
- Ability to pass drug screen and physical
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
EOE/AAEJob PostingUnposting Date