Certified Nursing Assistants, CNA, Caregivers - Private Duty Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, CABookmark This
DescriptionDescription IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat . You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and stay at home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position provides non-medical personal care, companionship, and domestic services to clients of Professional Healthcare at Home , a division of Kindred at Home. The Live-in Caregiver is responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed while performing the home care visit. The Live-in Caregiver will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities of the Live-in Caregiver include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing personal care including:
- Back rubs
- Oral hygiene
- Changing bed linen
- Assisting patients with dressing, undressing and personal hygiene
- Skin care to prevent breakdown
- Assisting the patient with toileting activities
- Keeping patient's living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
- May prepare a light meal during the visit.
- Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication.
- May do a load of patient's laundry, as appropriate.
- Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, etc.).
- Reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
- Adhering to the Organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Follow all privacy policies of Infection Control protocols and maintain the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI).
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene