Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Inpatient Occupational Therapy (40 hours Days)Bookmark This
Boston Medical Center
DescriptionDescription Reporting to the Rehabilitation Therapies Supervisor, the Occupational Therapy Assistant assists the Licensed Occupational Therapist with comprehensive assessment of in and out-patients with physical, cognitive, psychosocial, or functional deficits. Implements individual/group occupational therapy treatment to achieve the highest possible level of independence in daily living skills. Collaborates with other disciplines to arrange for appropriate follow-up care. Provides student training according to departmental guidelines and participates in continuous education. May assist in interdisciplinary research. Qualifications
- Must have successfully completed an accredited occupational therapy assistant educational program.
- MA State licensure as an occupational therapy assistant (or eligibility status).
- Must maintain current CPR.
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of two months of supervised field work.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families and various members of the health care team.
- Analytical abilities to implement and progress appropriate treatment programs.