Personal Trainer Part TimeBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
If you're passionate about inspiring others through fitness and believe in transforming lives through healthy living and innovative wellness programming, then the Waltham YMCA is the place for you! We are seeking experienced, self-motivated and energetic Certified Personal Trainers who will focus on member engagement, satisfaction and retention by building relationships so that members become connected and feel like a part of the YMCA family. We are seeking trainers with knowledge of and experience working with women's health issues, older adults, and chronic diseases (i.e. diabetes and/or cancer).
This is a part-time position, with the opportunity to build your clientele up to 30 hours per week, offering $25 - $30 an hour based on experience. Hours will likely include weekends, mornings and evenings. Trainers work 1 floor shift per week and build their own personal training schedule based on client schedules and availability.
• Four-year degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred
• Nationally accredited certification (NSCA, ACSM, NASM)
• Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification
• Experience working with deconditioned and special populations (i.e. seniors, youth, those with chronic diseases) preferred
• Reasonable level of physical fitness
• Enthusiastic, outgoing personality
• Demonstrated ability to perform fitness assessments and to teach progressive exercise programs
• Ability to instruct and observe participants using proper exercise techniques
• Ability to create and monitor safe and effective exercise programs for individuals, as well as recognize a member's potential and limitations
• Highly motivated to sell personal training services.
• Sales experience preferred.
• Possess mature judgment and sound decision-making.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members, peers and supervisor.
• Must be observant, safety conscious and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency.