Child Care AidesBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Hartford
1321 Silas Deane Hwy
DescriptionThe West Hartford/Tri-Town YMCA is now looking for qualified and energetic individuals as Child Care Aides to start in the fall 2013. Under the general direction of the Head Teacher, the Child Care Aide works for the YMCA of Greater Hartford and is responsible for assisting in the daily operations and maintenance of their room and for assisting in compliance with state regulations and YMCA policies/procedures.
Responsibilities1. Assist in the planning of daily activities, preparation of materials, and implementing curriculum.
2. Activity leadership, including interaction with individual children and small groups at a site of 1-20 children.
3. Maintain a safe environment for all children in the program.
4. Assist in the preparation and distribution of snacks.
5. Know the emergency procedures, rules, and regulations.
6. Display a positive attitude that is conducive to good public relations.
7. Assist in maintaining positive relations with school administration.
8. To assist in obtaining and maintaining the Connecticut State Accreditation Standards.
9. Wear proper identification, appropriate secured footwear (no open toed shoes or heels), Staff T-Shirt, and presentable clothing AT ALL TIMES.
10. Attend appropriate Child Care and/or departmental meetings.
11. Incumbent needs to be flexible while working for the YMCA of Greater Hartford and be willing to move to another site if requested by Director/Coordinator.
12. Perform all duties as assigned.
Requirements• Be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma.
• Experience working with children.
• Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required within six months of employment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
• Possess limited knowledge of various resources for programming ideas and the skills to utilize that information in assisting daily activities
• Be creative with lots of energy and can inspire children to learn and grow.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Employment is subject to a background check.