Child Care AidesBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Hartford
29 Welles Street
DescriptionFor over 158 years the YMCA of Greater Hartford has been changing lives. Serving youth, teens, adults and families in over 52 Connecticut towns, the YMCA provides a wide variety of programs focused on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
Come be part of a thriving association with a commitment to developing future leaders of the YMCA movement.
The Glastonbury YMCA is looking for qualified and energetic individuals as Child Care Aides. Under the general direction of the Head Teacher, the Child Care Aide works for the YMCA of Greater Hartford and is responsible for assisting in the daily operations and maintenance of their room and for assisting in compliance with state regulations and YMCA policies/procedures.
• Be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma.
• Experience working with children.
• Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required within six months of employment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
• Possess limited knowledge of various resources for programming ideas and the skills to utilize that information in assisting daily activities
• Be creative with lots of energy and can inspire children to learn and grow.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Employment is subject to a background check.