Child Watch Staff Part TimeBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
Job Classification: Non Exempt
This position is primarily responsible for representing the YMCA personally, professionally and in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA. Appropriate activities should be providing for growth in skills, self-awareness, group relations, and character development. By conducting him/herself in a caring, responsible, honest, and respectful manner, this position is a role model for children and adults. This position reports to the Child Watch Coordinator.
• Keep safety of children as a first priority - with emphasis on an atmosphere that is family friendly, age-appropriate, inclusive, and conducive to a quality-driven environment.
• Provide a warm flexible, engaging environment for children, staff and families.
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment at all times.
• Maintain daily attendance records.
• Supervise children and assume accountability for all children in care.
• Adhere to the rules, regulations and procedures set forth by the YMCA of Greater Boston.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit (at times on the floor with children) and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
• Previous experience providing classes/programs/activities for youth a plus
• Knowledge of youth development principles a plus
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Dedication to the pursuit of education (for self and students)
• Excitement and positive attitude toward working with children
• Commitment to the philosophy and goals of the YMCA