Civil Engineering InternBookmark This
Des Moines, IA
As one of the top 100 engineering firms in the U.S., Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients. Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently accepting applications for 2015 Civil Engineering Internsin our Des Moines, IA location. Foth is seeking team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented individuals who are looking for new learning experiences, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success.
- Perform construction observation for civil municipal, transportation and/or airport projects
- Assist with survey work, design and drafting, quantity take-offs, plan/permit preparation, report writing and research
- Perform routine civil engineering support tasks under the direction of an engineer
All Foth Members are expected to:
- Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
- Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Interact with clients as required
- Enrolled in a Civil Engineering/Construction program at an accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Previous experience with the following:
- Working as a civil engineering intern/co-op
The Employment Experience at Foth as described by our current members:Balance -Foth is organized and operates in a manner that balances the needs of four important contributors to its success: clients, members, suppliers, and the organization itself. The basic needs of these four entities are fulfilled in a manner that represents a benefit to all parties.Sense of Belonging -Our members have a sense of belonging to a valued enterprise and contributing to the greater good of our communities and society in general. We care for each other’s well-being, and celebrate the technical challenges we overcome together on behalf of our clients.Part of a Successful Team -Through effective collaboration, our clients, suppliers, individual members, and our organization are all successful. We are proud of the great reputation Foth has in its markets and its communities.Professional & Personal Growth Opportunities -The organization invests a percentage of its profits in providing members with multiple career advancement and professional development opportunities. Our career development program provides members a clear line of sight towards future opportunities, effective on-the-job coaching and mentoring relationships, and the member’s full partnership in their own development.Performance-Based Culture -Individual and team contributions are meaningfully recognized. Compensation is competitive within the market and extraordinary performance is rewarded with career and growth opportunities as well as greater levels of compensation and ownership in the firm.Dynamic Learning Environment -The work environment and work schedule support member development and continuous learning. We value sharing of knowledge, independent thinking in the performance of our client work, and continual improvement in the intellectual capital of all of our members and our organization.Personal Responsibility -Our members are proud of the quality work produced and take personal responsibility to deliver high-quality work according to the commitments we make and actively sustain our values and our culture.Individual Influence -Our members know how they contribute to the big picture - the flat, client-centered structure of the organization allows individuals to be actively involved in setting the direction of their work teams.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.