Claims Internship - Commercial Insurance - Tampa, FLBookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
DescriptionThis opportunity is for a full-time internship during the summer of 2014.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance Company - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual's internship program gives you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job. Do you have an investigative nature? Like to understand all the details and contributing factors before you make decisions? Like helping people resolve questions? If so, then claims might just be right for you!
As a Liberty Mutual Claims Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to develop skills necessary for success in Claims from an insurance company known for integrity, responsibility, and outstanding service. You will...
- Participate in real work every day, whether doing analytical work or dealing directly with customers, claimants or legal and medical professionals to help gather the critical information necessary for the resolution of a claim.
- Work on specific projects with defined tasks.
- Build business and professional skills that will prepare you for leadership positions.
- Gain valuable real world experience with a Fortune 100 company.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations
- Make decisions about liability / compensability
- Review medical records and evaluate losses
- Learn to negotiate settlements with attorneys
- Assist in managing an inventory of commercial workers' compensation claims (involving bodily injury)
This is your chance to check out Liberty Mutual Insurance as a potential employer. We will provide you with the tools and resources to be successful. Your internship supervisor and the University Relations team are always available to make sure you are benefiting from your experience. An online community of hundreds of interns will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work. You'll participate in educational and social programs that will help your development, and you may qualify for scholarships that will help with tuition costs.
- Working towards a bachelor's degree (graduating in 2015 or 2016)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Additional requirements might apply.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated customer service and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day.
Responsibility. What's your policy?