Claims Internship - Commercial Insurance - Weston, MABookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
DescriptionThis opportunity is for a full-time internship during the summer of 2014.Summer 2014 - Claims Internship - Weston, MA Liberty Mutual's internship program gives you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job. Do you have an investigative nature? Like to understand all the details and contributing factors before you make decisions? Like helping people resolve questions? If so, then claims might just be right for you! As a Liberty Mutual Claims Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to develop skills necessary for success in Claims from an insurance company known for integrity, responsibility, and outstanding service. You will...
- Participate in real work every day, whether doing analytical work or dealing directly with customers, claimants or legal and medical professionals to help gather the critical information necessary for the resolution of a claim.
- Work on specific projects with defined tasks.
- Build business and professional skills that will prepare you for leadership positions.
- Gain valuable real world experience with a Fortune 100 company.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations
- Make decisions about liability / compensability
- Review medical records and evaluate losses
- Learn to negotiate settlements with attorneys
- Assist in managing an inventory of group disability claims (involving bodily injury)
- Working towards a bachelor's degree (graduating in 2015 or 2016)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Additional requirements might apply.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated customer service and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day. At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential. That's why we offer a diverse range of internships and career opportunities that complement your academics, and provide experience through immediate responsibility and stimulating work. You've made a significant investment in your education, and we want to do the same for your career. As a Fortune 100 company, we have the training and resources for you to expand your skills and creativity to drive our business forward. A diversified global insurer, LMI employs over 50,000 people in more than 900 offices worldwide. Responsibility. What's your policy?