Cleveland Area Technology Company seeking Entry Level Programming InternBookmark This
6659 Pearl Road, Suite 301
Parma Heights, OH
DescriptionAppGiraffe and Realeflow (sister companies) are web and mobile technology companies that provide solutions to make the day-to-day interactions between businesses, consumers, groups and individuals, SIMPLE.
We are a fast growing company with a fun culture and have been recognized by several outside organizations for our great work environment and growth. In 2011, Realeflow was #421 on the Inc 500 list of the Fastest Growing Companies in America. We have been recognized as one of the "Top 50 Companies to Work for in the US" for three years running (2010, 2011, and 2012) by the Best Companies Group and Outside Magazine. We have been voted as one of the Top 25 Companies to Work for In Ohio for the past 2 years and we were a 2011 Northcoast 99 Award winner.
This programming internship is an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment utilizing the latest mobile and web technologies. We are looking for individuals who are creative thinkers, who are independently motivated, personally accountable, and are able to walk and chew gum at the same time. This program is for interns who have the desire to learn and contribute in their field (meaning we aren't looking for you to fetch coffee or make lunch runs).
At the end of the internship, exceptional interns may be offered full time positions with the company depending upon open vacancies within the technology department. Participation in our internship program does not guarantee placement in our company.
Responsibilities- Assist the development team in product development and testing in our core product offerings.
- Assist the development team in identifying and solving bugs.
- Participate in company meetings and daily stand-ups (when in attendance).
- To learn and improve. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, but make sure you don't make the same mistake twice.
- To understand this is your career and it should be challenging and fun.
- Competency in ASP.NET MVC3 or MVC4, Entity Framework, JQuery Mobile, Kendo UI Mobile or PhoneGap is a big plus
- A comprehensive resume detailing applicable experience
- The ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written)
- The ability to take and digest constructive criticism and apply learnings