Client Styling InternshipBookmark This
Bridge to Success
1236 S. Halsted St.
DescriptionBridge to Success is a non-profit organization with a social enterprise focus. Our mission is the enhancement of employment opportunities for to at-risk, low/no-income, hard-to-employ men, women and youth by providing high-end interview and work place appropriate clothing coupled with coaching to build self-confidence through appearance, interview preparation and a sense of belonging at the workplace. Bridge to Success operates a chic, high-end resale store, The Bottomline, as its social enterprise operation. Bridge to Success is the only agency serving men, women and young adults city-wide.
Responsibilities- Work directly with Associate Director
- Assist with scheduling client styling appointments
- Serve as clothing consultant/personal stylist for individual clients learning about their job search as well as their sense of style and color and what works with their body type and personality
- Maintain awareness of inventory (i.e. know what is available for a client)
- Use visual, design and organization skills to keep client services area looking well ordered and updated
RequirementsBridge to Success is looking for volunteer interns with fashion retail and/or customer service backgrounds who are service oriented, outgoing, self-starters with creative, innovative ideas who will assist us in one-on-one styling of our clients in preparation of upcoming interviews and/or work as well as managing and merchandising our client service center.
An internship offers the opportunity to increase
• Customer service skills and orientation
• Interpersonal skills; ability to relate well to people from a variety of different backgrounds, cultures and experiences
• Ability to work well independently and as a self- starter
• Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurially, and innovatively with the able to see the "big picture"
• Management skills necessary for success in an ever-changing environment